Note: IT WILL NOT WORK ON ENCRYPTED/PROTECTED DEVICES, DEVICES MUST BE ROOTED.


Google applications otherwise known as GAPPS are Google branded apps which often ship with Android phones. Some examples are:
  • Gmail
  • Google+
  • Youtube
  • Chrome
You’ll usually realize your Android phone doesn’t have Gapps by the absence of Google Play Store and Google Play Services.

Why are Gapps missing on my Android phone?

Most of the phones I’ve experienced this on were Chinese variants of the models. I’ve recently encountered Coolpad, Gionee and Lenovo phones encountering this issue.
While I might not be able to tell why your OEM left out Gapps, I’ve noticed that the Chinese prefer to pre-install their own alternatives to Google apps; alternatives I find somewhat annoying (maybe because I don’t understand Chinese).

Can’t I just download and install the apks?

You can't just install any it, definitely you will encounter some errors like unfortunately errors

Does my phone need to be rooted in order to install Gapps?

Yes your device must be Rooted

How do I install Gapps on my Android phone?

There are 3 main steps in successfully installing Gapps to your Android phone

Step 1: Downloading the right Gapps.zip

You first need to find out your Phone’s Processor / Platform (e.g ARM, ARM64, X86_64 or x86 etc) and Android version (e.g 4.4, 5.0, 5.1, 6.0, 7.0, 7.1 or 8.0 etc) 
Armed with this info, head over to https://opengapps.org/ and tick the appropriate boxes for your Platform, Android version and Variant of Gapps you want (I usually recommend pico) then click the Download button

Flash a custom recovery on your phone.

STEP (3)

and now i believe you now have a custom recovery and your gapp if your custom recovery prompts you to install or fix root, select No.
In your custom recovery, tap Install, navigate to the location of the Gapps.zip and select it. Ensure to confirm your intention to flash the zip file if prompted to then reboot the phone (to system).